The internationally renowned Brisbane Airport is located less than 20 minutes’ drive from the heart of Brisbane city. It is a curfew-free facility that’s serviced by more than 30 airlines – including 29 direct international destinations and 40 domestic destinations.
Participants can quickly and easily access Brisbane city from the airport via the Airtrain, bus, taxi or hire car. For more information about airport transfers and Brisbane’s public transport system click here.
Australia’s borders are currently closed and entry to Australia remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Travel to Australia is only available if you are exempt or you have been granted an individual exemption.
Please visit the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website for updates.
AIBC participants are entitled to an exclusive offer and will receive a special discount rate for a return ticket to the city on the Airtrain from Brisbane Airport at $25.
The offer is only valid from 13-17 October, 2021.
Tickets are redeemable online at www.airtrain.com.au.
Each participant will also be sent a special letter prior to the congress, which may be presented at the Airtrain station. This letter does not constitute an official ticket.
Participants can either book online or show the letter at the station to redeem the discount.
Tickets are valid only for travel from Brisbane Airport stations into Brisbane City Stations between Fortitude Valley, Central Station, Roma Street Station, and South Brisbane.
Please note: If delegates book outside the above travel dates the normal fares will apply.
Airtrain is the fast and stress-free way to travel from Brisbane Airport. In 20 minutes you will travel directly to the heart of Brisbane’s CBD. Book your ticket online or show your delegate PDF at the Station. Relax with the modern fleet of trains including air-conditioning, free WiFi, restrooms on board and plenty of space for luggage.
One of Airtrain’s city stations is the South Brisbane station, which is located just 378 metres from the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. For those unfamiliar with Brisbane, you can use our online journey planner to map out your journey to the centre.
- The Domestic Airtrain station is located outside the Domestic Terminal doors over the Skywalk.
- The International Airtrain station is on the 3rd floor of the International Terminal Building.
- The first train service on weekdays from Brisbane Airport departs at 5:04am and the last service of
the day is at 10.04pm.
- Weekend timetables differ slightly and are available online. For the full train timetable, please see
- Alternatively, you can collect a timetable at Airport Stations or speak to one of the friendly
customer advisors who will be happy to assist.
Instructions to purchase:
- Head to www.airtrain.com.au
- Select the Book Tickets button
- Select From destination as the Airport Domestic or Airport International
- Select To destination as Brisbane and choose one of the following stations: South Brisbane Eagle Junction, Wooloowin, Albion, Bowen Hills, Fortitude valley, Central, Roma Street.
- Select Return button
- Choose departure and return date between the 13-17 October 2021
- Select the amount of passengers
- Enter passenger details
- Select Credit Card or Paypal
- Enter the promo code AIBC2021
- Enter payment details
- Select the check boxes and press the Confirm booking button
Terms and Conditions: This offer is available for bookings made until 17 October 2021. Valid for travel from the 13-17 October 2021. Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable. Your city ticket is valid for travel to and from all stations between the Airport and South Brisbane, including Eagle Junction, Wooloowin, Albion, Bowen Hills, Fortitude valley, Central and Roma Street stations. Children 14 years and under travel free to city stations when accompanied by a paying adult and using paper ticket or e-ticket purchased from www.airtrain.com.au. For Airtrain’s full terms and conditions visit https://www.airtrain.com.au/terms-and-conditions/.
Getting around Brisbane
Brisbane is a compact, intuitively planned city which makes it simple for delegates to navigate on foot. Brisbane’s fully integrated public transport network offers a cost-effective option for road, rail and river travel. Spanning the South-East Queensland corner, the TransLink system represents one of the largest public transport networks in the world.
For more information please visit the following page.
Brisbane Greeters – one of the best ways to get to know Brisbane is through the eyes of a skilled and knowledgeable local. Friendly Brisbane Greeters are proud and passionate volunteers who are keen to share Brisbane’s stories, show you some great sports and introduce you to the vibrant city.
Brisbane Visitor Information & Booking Centre
Brisbane Visitor Information & Booking Centre – whether it’s tour bookings, events and entertainment information, brochures and maps, or general tourist advice you need, the award-winning Brisbane Visitor Information Centre on the Queen Street Mall has it covered.